Join Seán Duggan for an in-depth discussion in this video Optical zoom vs. digital zoom, part of iPhone and iPad Photography with iOS 12.
- [Instructor] Some iPhone models come…with dual lenses, a wide angle lens…and a moderate telephoto, or portrait, lens.…And there's also a digital zoom feature…that you can use on single lens iPhones,…as well as the dual lens models.…If you have an iPhone with dual lenses,…tap on the 1x button to switch…to the tele or portrait lens.…The button will change to show 2x.…With a single lens iPhone, or with the dual lens model,…you can also use your thumb and forefinger…to zoom in on the scene for a closer view,…and then pinch together to zoom back out.…
The iPhone 7 and 8 offer a 5x digital zoom,…and the 7 Plus, 8 Plus, and the iPhone 10 models…have an optical zoom that goes up to 2x,…and then a digital zoom up to 10 times.…There's an arc-shape slider for adjusting the digital zoom.…When you zoom beyond 2x times on the dual camera models,…tapping the lens button resets it back to 1x.…Another thing to keep in mind is that camera motion…is more likely to show when you're zoomed in closer.…
Especially in lower light situations.…
- Shooting panorama photos
- Creating slow-motion videos
- Taking time-lapse videos
- Organizing photos
- Image editing with the Photos app
- Trimming videos
- Sharing photos
- Transferring photos to and from your device
Skill Level Appropriate for all
Editing Macro Flower Photographswith Susan Varnum49m 50s Intermediate
1. How to Use the Camera App
2. Organize with the Photos App
3. Edit with the Photos App
4. Transfer Photos with Your Device
Next steps1m 24s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.