Code your app to obtain user permission to use location services.
- [Instructor] Core location is one of those frameworks…that requires the user to give you permission…to protect their privacy,…and since it's a big power hog to save battery power.…There's a few steps to set up core location permissions.…I'll set up the always on permission for this example.…The three parts to set this up are…setting the property list, checking for permission,…and checking for a change of permission.…We'll start with the property list.…In our app, go to the info dot P list.…Click on the top where it says information property list,…and click the plus.…
That will give you a drop down of entries…for the property list.…Scroll down to privacy.…You'll see several that say location, location always,…location when, and location usage.…Select the location always, and click on the values side.…For the values side, you place a string…that will be used in a permission alert.…I'll add this one.…We'd like to use your location…for finding where you are compared to a good pizza.…
You can press return…and then go back to the view controller.…
- Getting coordinates from the web
- Working with Core Location data types and regions
- Creating a map in 2D, 3D, satellite, and flyover views
- Adding annotations
- Adding overlays
- Finding the current location
- Tracking heading, speed, and region
- Searching for locations
- Requesting and displaying directions
Skill Level Intermediate
Advanced iOS Development: Working with APIswith Saul Mora1h 59m Intermediate
1. Basic Map and Location Concepts
5. Current Location
6. Heading, Speed, and Regions
Next steps1m 38s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.