Join Steven Lipton for an in-depth discussion in this video Notification testing, part of iOS and watchOS App Development: Notifications.
- [Instructor] We've put together enough code to run…the application and see how they present themselves.…Now, I'm going to make sure this shows up.…And I'm going to do that for two things,…like I talked about earlier.…First of all, I'm going to remove provisional…and second of all, I'm going to restart the simulator.…So, I'm sure this will actually work…exactly the way I want it to.…So, I'm going to erase all content and settings and hit erase.…Let that reboot.…
And now I'm going to build and run.…It immediately asks me if I want to send you a notification.…I'm going to go ahead and hit allow.…I'm going to go ahead and hit the…Schedule a Pizza button a couple of times,…just to see if we can get something going here.…Then I'm going to hit Command Shift H to go to the home.…There we go, we see our notification.…If you click on the notification, the app will launch.…Since I've already lost it, what I can also do is…slide down here, go to the notification manager,…and either I click it or I can slide it over, hit view.…
- Requesting user permission
- Static vs. dynamic notification content
- Sending local notifications
- Updating and removing notifications
- Creating custom notifications
- Adding categories and actions to notifications
- Pushing notifications
- Building push notification payloads: alerts and actions
- Adding service and content extensions
- Attaching rich media: images, audio, and video
- Creating watchOS notifications
Skill Level Intermediate
Apple watchOS 4 App Development Essential Trainingwith Steven Lipton3h 10m Intermediate
1. User Permissions
2. Local Notifications
3. Notification Management
4. Interacting with Notifications
5. Push Notifications
6. Push Notification Payloads
7. The Service Extensions
8. The Content Extension
9. Rich Media in Notifications
10. Apple Watch Notifications
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.