Join Steven Lipton for an in-depth discussion in this video Next steps, part of iOS and watchOS App Development: Notifications.
- [Instructor] I hope I've given you a lot…of direction on notifications.…This is a good base to begin adding notification…to your own apps for alerts and scheduling.…I'd like to point out a few places you should look into next…for learning more about notifications.…There's several places in Apple's documentation…for notifications.…I'd start with the iOS human interface guidelines page…on notifications.…From there check out the local…and remote notification programming guide…for more on the concepts behind notifications…we've talked about here.…For more on the classes and methods used in the framework…check out the user notifications reference guide.…
You might also want to check out some…of the WWDC2106 courses on notifications.…Introduction to notifications and advanced notifications.…And four courses from WWDC218 on designing notifications.…What's new in user notifications…which covers the service extension, content extension,…and starts to talk about the group notifications.…Then there's a deep dive into group notifications…
- Requesting user permission
- Static vs. dynamic notification content
- Sending local notifications
- Updating and removing notifications
- Creating custom notifications
- Adding categories and actions to notifications
- Pushing notifications
- Building push notification payloads: alerts and actions
- Adding service and content extensions
- Attaching rich media: images, audio, and video
- Creating watchOS notifications
Skill Level Intermediate
Apple watchOS 4 App Development Essential Trainingwith Steven Lipton3h 10m Intermediate
1. User Permissions
2. Local Notifications
3. Notification Management
4. Interacting with Notifications
5. Push Notifications
6. Push Notification Payloads
7. The Service Extensions
8. The Content Extension
9. Rich Media in Notifications
10. Apple Watch Notifications
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.