- [Instructor] I've just covered the surface…of MapKit and CoreLocation.…I like to give you some tips of where to go from here.…The big one is the Apple documentation.…You'll find a lot more there than I was able to cover.…The MapKit framework documentation…will give you all the properties, methods and types…you'll find in MapKit.…You'll also want to check out…the CoreLocation framework documentation, as well,…for more on CoreLocation.…This course was recorded at a time iOS 11 was in beta,…so we're recording the course in iOS 10.3.3.…
There are a few new classes…and few improvements in MapKit and CoreLocation…headed for iOS 11.…I'd suggest checking out the WWDC 2017 video,…"What's New in MapKit" to get up to speed.…As I mentioned in the course,…if you want your app to work with the Apple Maps app,…you'll want to look at Apple's documentation…on point to point directions…in the Location and Maps programming guide,…and registering your app in the app distribution guide.…Because there's a lot of registering…inside and outside the app…
- Getting coordinates from the web
- Working with Core Location data types and regions
- Creating a map in 2D, 3D, satellite, and flyover views
- Adding annotations
- Adding overlays
- Finding the current location
- Tracking heading, speed, and region
- Searching for locations
- Requesting and displaying directions
Skill Level Advanced
1. Basic Map and Location Concepts
5. Current Location
6. Heading, Speed, and Regions
Next steps1m 38s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.