Join Kyle Sherman for an in-depth discussion in this video Next steps, part of Learning LayoutTest for iOS Development.
- [Instructor] In this course, you've learned how you can test the layouts of the views in your app. With very little code, you can ensure that your layouts work on every type of device properly, with multiple different sets of data. LayoutTest is an opensource library, that was developed at Linkedin by Pierre Livesey, feel free to check out the repository for yourself on GitHub, at github.com/linkedin/layouttest-iOS It's a great way to better understand the inner workings of the library. You can even submit a poll request with an improvement. Since it's an opensource project.
Most importantly, I hope you feel motivated to incorporate LayoutTest into your project and test your views. You'll be very happy that you did. I found LayoutTest to be very helpful in making sure difficult to catch bugs never make it to the hands of users. It's often your most active and passionate users who run into these edge cases. I hope you enjoyed the course. Feel free to reach out to me or Peter through Twitter or Linkedin if you have any questions.
- Installing the library
- Specifying test data
- Reviewing property-based testing
- Using test data and writing the LayoutTest test
- Testing views at different sizes
- Debugging with snapshots
- Dealing with common errors
- Advanced debugging tips
- Exploring catalog view