Join Todd Perkins for an in-depth discussion in this video Next steps, part of Building a Note-Taking App for iOS 8.
- Well that concludes this course.…You may wonder where to go from here.…Lynda.com has huge list of courses in iOS App Development.…There is iOS SDK Essential Training,…Obejective-C Essential Training,…Building and Monetizing Game Apps for iOS,…iOS SDK and SQLite: Building Data-Driven Apps…and Core Data for iOS and OS X.…If you make anything great based on…what you learn in this course,…let me know at Twitter @asktodd.…
See you next time.…
Each of these courses helps you build a complete mobile app from scratch; this installment uses the iOS SDK and Xcode to get the job done. Author Todd Perkins shows you how to create an Xcode project, lay out apps visually, connect UI elements to code, and save data to persistent storage. Start here with iOS 8, and compare your results with the Android and Windows Phone courses to learn about the differences and similarities of these mobile platforms.
- Previewing the note-taking app's features
- Creating the Xcode project
- Using local data storage
- Creating a data class
- Saving data to a file or user defaults
- Understanding screens and storyboards
- Controlling transitions between views
- Connecting the controller to the data
- Creating, editing, and deleting notes
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Project Overview
2. Understanding iOS Specifics
3. Getting Started
4. Creating the Data Model
5. Creating the User Interface
Working with Auto Layout3m 14s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.