Join Steven Lipton for an in-depth discussion in this video Motion activity manager, part of Advanced iOS App Development: Core Motion.
- [Instructor] So far, we've looked at…Core Motion as single events.…For fitness apps and even some games,…we'll want more than a single piece of data…but history of motion data.…You've seen that data scroll away in the Fencing app…but not used in any way.…Core Motion allows you to query historical data.…Core Motion includes one API that evaluates this data…into kinds of movement, the Motion Activity Manager.…Use this class to determine the user's type of activity…such as running, walking, and biking.…We'll add to the Pedometer app our activity.…Close the Fencing app or open it in a new window.…
There's two classes from the motion activity.…Add these as properties.…Let motionActivityManager…equal CMMotionActivityManager.…This class will start and stop…the motion activity sensing and reporting.…The second one we'll do is motion activity…and that is CMMotionActivity…and that's the description of the activity.…
Drop down to above the timer functions.…We'll put a function in here…to start the Motion Activity Manager.…
- Reading Core Motion data
- Understanding Core Motion methods
- Creating a pedometer app
- Using pace and distance data from Core Motion
- Pushing and pulling device motion data
- Accessing the altitude sensors
- Working with the motion activity manager (CMMotionActivityManager)
Skill Level Advanced
iOS App Development: Accessibilitywith Kevin Favro2h 34m Intermediate
Advanced iOS Development: Working with APIswith Saul Mora1h 59m Intermediate
1. Core Motion Introduction
3. Device Motion
5. Recorded Data
Next steps1m 43s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.