Learn how to use Core Location to create and monitor beacon regions.
- [Instructor] It's now time for us to set up our app…for monitoring a beaconRegion.…So what I'm gonna do is scroll back up on my class,…and I'm gonna go into the area marked main.…And in here, I'm gonna create a function called…initialize locationManager,…and it'll have a void callback.…In this function, what I want to do…is check to see if we have authorization…to access location data,…and if so, then we're going to initialize…our locationManager and our beaconRegion,…and if not, then we're gonna request access,…and then handle the result in our delegate function.…
Something that I want to make note…is that we want to check and verify that we have…authorizedAlways access.…Otherwise our beacon will not work…when it's in background mode.…If we're only granted authorization…for when the app is in use,…then we can only discover beacons…when a user is using our app,…and therefore takes away the beauty of location services…providing us with background notifications.…What do we want to do…when we are verified that we have authorization?…
- What is iBeacon?
- Turning your iOS device into a beacon
- Discovering device locations
- Monitoring for iBeacons
- Responding to beacon discovery
- Creating a beacon-based app
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Introduction to iBeacons
2. iBeacons with iOS Devices
3. Create a Beacon-Based App
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.