Understand functional actions of a UI component.
- [Instructor] We're going to move on to…testing our TableView cell now…which is normally a no brainer.…We create the cell, we hook it up…and we configure it with our data.…But because we're starting to test out…the TableView functionality,…we're going to introduce the concept of mocks.…And in essence what mocks are…are exactly what they sound like,…a mock up or stand in for the real thing.…We're going to be using mocks from now on…to test our data source and delegate methods…and user interactions.…So in our movie library data service test,…which is where we are right now,…we're going to add some lines…and a new test.…
Func testCellForRowAtIndex…_ShouldReturnMovieCell.…I'm going to add a movie through our movieManager.…We'll call this one Horror.…Going to reload the tableView…and now we're going to retrieve the cell.…So let cell = tableView….cellforRow(at: Index.…
Going to make our own IndexPath.…We're going to use row and sections.…So it's zero for row and section zero.…And finally we're going to add our assertion,…
- Test-driven development: history and theory
- Creating a data model test
- Expanding tests
- Testing class methods
- Checking for duplicates
- Testing table views
- Mocking cells
- Testing cell selection
- Assembling the app
Skill Level Intermediate
Distributing Your iOS App for Testing with TestFlightwith Ron Buencamino35m 10s Intermediate
1. Foundation and Theory
2. Data Models and the Manager Class
3. UITableView Testing
4. Finishing Touches and Xcode Features
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.