Join Todd Perkins for an in-depth discussion in this video Making the Clear button clear all values, part of Programming for Non-Programmers with iOS 8.
- Our next step is to get the clear button to work.…In order to make the clear button work,…all we need to do is reset the calculator…to its default settings.…If we look in main.storyboard, we should see…that the label says zero on it, and if we look…in viewcontroller.swift at the default values…of our variables, we're going to need to reset…these values to as they were before.…Let's scroll on down to tapped clear and go inside…of the curly braces and reset everything.…
Total equals zero, mode equals zero, valueString equals…an empty string, label.txt equals the string zero,…and then finally, last button was mode is false.…That's it.…We just reset the calculator to its default setting…and that's what should happen when we tap the clear button.…I'll type some numbers, type the clear button,…and it's back to normal and more numbers…and the clear button.…
It's back to normal.…To reset the clear button, all we did was reset…all of our variables and our label text field…to their default values.…
If you find you'd like to learn more, see iOS App Development Essential Training, Foundations of Programming: Fundamentals, or any of the other programming courses in our library.
- Installing Xcode
- Creating an Xcode project
- Configuring the iOS Simulator
- Understanding variables
- Connecting visual objects to variables
- Understanding functions, methods, and selectors
- Connecting a button to a method
- Using conditional statements
- Setting up the user interface
- Connecting code elements to build an app
Skill Level Beginner
1. Setting Up Your Coding Environment
Creating an Xcode project3m 38s
2. Programming Building Blocks: Variables
3. Programming Building Blocks: Functions
4. Programming Building Blocks: Conditional Statements
Using conditional statements4m 11s
5. Building Your First Full Application
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.