Join Steven Lipton for an in-depth discussion in this video Magnetometer, part of Advanced iOS App Development: Core Motion.
- A sensor shared by both core motion and core location…is the magnetometer.…For core location it is the compass.…For more on compasses, check out core location, which uses…location data to calibrate the compass accurately.…In core motion, this is raw magnetometer data.…From everything we've discussed so far, we know about noise.…The magnetometer, being a raw sensor, has lots of noise.…Let's add some code to learn how much noise there is…in the magnetometer, and one way to keep it under control.…Close up the console if you have it open.…
Add a new function above myAltimeter,…and call it myMagnetometer.…Check for the availability of the magnetometer.…If not, print a not available message.…If it is available, set to update the interval…in 0.05 seconds.…
And we'll use the magnetometerUpdateInterval to do that.…And we'll set it to 0.05 seconds.…We'll push the magnetometer updates using the main queue.…So again we'll use motionManager, startMagnetometerUpdates,…and we'll use to withHandler.…And this'll be the OperationQueue main,…
- Reading Core Motion data
- Understanding Core Motion methods
- Creating a pedometer app
- Using pace and distance data from Core Motion
- Pushing and pulling device motion data
- Accessing the altitude sensors
- Working with the motion activity manager (CMMotionActivityManager)
Skill Level Advanced
iOS App Development: Accessibilitywith Kevin Favro2h 34m Intermediate
Advanced iOS Development: Working with APIswith Saul Mora1h 59m Intermediate
1. Core Motion Introduction
3. Device Motion
5. Recorded Data
Next steps1m 43s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.