- Using Turi Create to create custom models
- Getting comfortable with Python
- Preparing data for Turi Create
- Creating a machine learning model with Turi Create
- Implementing an image picker controller
- Using Core ML and the Vision framework for image classification
Skill Level Advanced
- [Brian] With Core ML, you can integrate trained machine learning models into your app. Apple even provides developers with ready-to-use Core ML models. Oftentimes, however, there is a need for a custom built model that might not exist yet. With Turi Create, Apple now also provides a Python framework that greatly simplifies the development of custom machine learning models. I am Brian Advent and I have been working as a developer, especially in the Apple EQ system, for almost a decade now.
In this course I'm going to show you that you don't have to be a machine learning expert to build your own machine learning models that exactly fit the needs of your apps. This course is giving you an introduction into what machine learning and the Core ML framework is and you're even going to learn about the basics of Python, which is widely used in the machine learning community. The main goal, however, is giving you the tools you need to build your own custom machine learning models and integrate them into your IOS apps.
And by the end of this course, you will have built an image classification app that can distinguish between cats and dogs. I am very excited to help you create your own machine learning models, so let's get started.