In this video, explore the Find My iPhone tool, which can be used to locate, lock, or erase an iOS device that has been lost or stolen.
- [Instructor] I highly recommend that every iOS user…sets up the Find My iPhone feature,…which is designed to help you locate,…lock, or completely erase your device…if it's lost or stolen.…Find My iPhone is part of the iCloud subscription,…so if you do not have an iCloud account set up…you might want to check out iCloud Essential Training…to learn about that.…Assuming you do have an iCloud account…you can go into Settings,…tap on the line near the top with your name on it,…then tap on the option for iCloud.…
If you're not already signed in…you'll be prompted to sign in there.…Since I'm already signed in…I can see my iCloud settings here.…I want to scroll past most of these…and go straight to the option for Find My iPhone.…And if you're using an iPad…that will be labeled Find My iPad, it's the same feature.…So I want to tap on that.…And the most important thing here…is that you enable this first option.…Enable the option for Find My iPhone.…And you need to do this…before your device is lost or stolen.…If you lose your device and this feature is not enabled…
LinkedIn Learning (Lynda.com) is a PMI Registered Education Provider. This course qualifies for professional development units (PDUs). To view the activity and PDU details for this course, click here.
The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
- Use a password manager to maintain all of your passwords.
- Explain the benefits of using Activation Lock to protect your data.
- Cite the importance of keeping software updated.
- Configure Touch ID or Face ID.
- Demonstrate how to properly connect a device to an unfamiliar computer.
- Give examples of ways to create backup data.
- Use app privacy permissions to protect your data.