Join Todd Perkins for an in-depth discussion in this video Load particles via code, part of iOS Game Development with Swift 2.0 and SpriteKit.
- So we've looked at creating particle systems…in a couple of different ways.…But, what if we wanted to instantiate…a particle system through code?…So, here I've actually created a spark particle.…So I created the file.…And I tweaked it a little bit.…So, I changed the birth rate,…maximum number to 100.…So, birth rate's 2,000, the maximum is 100.…Now that's important.…If you have it at zero, it will go on forever.…This is going to occur one time.…So, what we're seeing here is actually…the particle system repeating.…
So, it's looping.…So, I've made some other tweaks here,…and you can scroll down and check…them out if you'd like.…But, I haven't really changed much.…The main thing is I've changed…the blend mode to alpha.…And I've also changed the particle texture…to my particle, which is just a white circle that's solid.…Also, if you find that you're not seeing…the particles running on your screen,…you can just close your Xcode project.…And then open it back up and you…should see the particles again.…Another change I've made to this file…
- Creating a new SpriteKit project
- Adding and modifying sprites
- Transitioning between scenes
- Removing child sprites from parents
- Working with gravity, forces, and impulses
- Detecting collisions
- Applying particle effects
- Creating actions and action sequences
- Working with audio
- Creating frame animations
- Using cameras and lights
Skill Level Intermediate
Programming iOS 9 and GamePlayKitwith Tammy Coron1h 32m Intermediate
1. Introduction to SpriteKit
2. Add Physics
3. Work with Particle Effects
4. Work with Actions
Use an action sequence4m 8s
5. Work with Audio
6. Additional Features
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.