Join Steven Lipton for an in-depth discussion in this video Load an image from the web, part of iOS and watchOS App Development: Notifications.
- While preloading images in the content extension…is the fastest, most efficient way to handle images,…you will want to load images from elsewhere.…That can get a little tricky.…Images will load a lot slower…than the rest of the code runs timing out.…So how do you load them?…To show you how, I'm going to simplify this code…by using a simple URL string from the web.…So go ahead and close off the site at Attributes…so you've enough space here,…and roll over here to Image URL in the Media,…and you will find a URL string of a website…that will have a photo for us.…
I'm going to go and copy this.…I hit Download Notification View Controller…and find where we got our content, Image View,…UI Image named HuliLogo.…I'll go and comment that out for now…and put a line underneath it,…and let's get some more space in here to do some typing.…And go ahead and command V, put in that URL string.…And what I'm going to do is, first of all,…turn this into a URL, unwrapping it with If-Let.…So I'm going to do, "if let url equals URL,"…
- Requesting user permission
- Static vs. dynamic notification content
- Sending local notifications
- Updating and removing notifications
- Creating custom notifications
- Adding categories and actions to notifications
- Pushing notifications
- Building push notification payloads: alerts and actions
- Adding service and content extensions
- Attaching rich media: images, audio, and video
- Creating watchOS notifications
Skill Level Intermediate
Apple watchOS 4 App Development Essential Trainingwith Steven Lipton3h 10m Intermediate
1. User Permissions
2. Local Notifications
3. Notification Management
4. Interacting with Notifications
5. Push Notifications
6. Push Notification Payloads
7. The Service Extensions
8. The Content Extension
9. Rich Media in Notifications
10. Apple Watch Notifications
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.