Join Seán Duggan for an in-depth discussion in this video Live Photos: Trim and set key photo, part of iPhone and iPad Photography with iOS 12.
- [Instructor] As we saw in the chapter…on using the camera app,…the live photos features records…three seconds of video and audio…and displays a still image from right in the middle.…Let's check out some of the edits…that we can apply to live photos.…So I have this image that I made at the beach…and if I press and hold…so we can see the live photos effect,…you see that we have this wave…that comes in and takes out…my carefully arranged still life.…Alright that looks pretty cool.…But, in terms of the way the live photos is displaying here…in the photos app, it's displaying the middle frame…which is just right in the middle…of where that water is rushing through.…
And we just can't really see what's going on.…So we need to edit that…and there's a couple other things I want to do as well.…So I'm going to tap edit…in the upper right corner of the screen.…And down at the bottom you'll see…I have almost like a timeline film strip.…And the first thing that I can do…is set a new key frame…or poster image for the live photo.…
- Shooting panorama photos
- Creating slow-motion videos
- Taking time-lapse videos
- Organizing photos
- Image editing with the Photos app
- Trimming videos
- Sharing photos
- Transferring photos to and from your device
Skill Level Intermediate
Editing Macro Flower Photographswith Susan Varnum49m 50s Intermediate
1. How to Use the Camera App
2. Organize with the Photos App
3. Edit with the Photos App
4. Transfer Photos with Your Device
Next steps1m 24s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.