Join Seán Duggan for an in-depth discussion in this video Live Photos: Motion effects, part of iPhone and iPad Photography for iOS 11.
- [Narrator] In addition to trimming,…sound control and setting the key photo,…in iOS 11, Apple has added some new motion…effects to the Live Photos format…that makes new types of images possible.…Let's check it out.…So, the best thing about the new motion effects…is just how easy they are to apply.…You don't even need to go to into…the Editing section of the photos app.…Just tap on the Live photos, so you can see it full screen.…Let's just press down, so we can…get a sense of this one here.…Alright, and then just swipe up…and you'll see that the effects are just down below there.…
We have loop and bounce and long exposure,…so let's just check out loop here with this one.…I think that this one would look a little bit better…if the surf wasn't splashing up quite so high,…cause it, kind of, gets transparent there,…so if I had another one where the surf wasn't jumping up…so high, I think that that would work better.…Now, if I leave it this way, it is going to be converted…into an animated GIF and added to a new album called…
- Shooting panorama photos
- Creating slow-motion videos
- Taking time-lapse videos
- Organizing photos
- Image editing with the Photos app
- Previewing and trimming videos
- Sharing photos
- Transferring photos to and from your device
Skill Level Intermediate
1. How to Use the Camera App
2. Organize with the Photos App
3. Edit with the Photos App
4. Transfer Photos with Your Device
Next steps1m 3s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.