- Installing the library
- Specifying test data
- Reviewing property-based testing
- Using test data and writing the LayoutTest test
- Testing views at different sizes
- Debugging with snapshots
- Dealing with common errors
- Advanced debugging tips
- Exploring catalog view
Skill Level Intermediate
- [Kyle] The iOS ecosystem consists of many different devices of varying screen sizes. Apps are also becoming more complex with many different views. Because of this, it's important to ensure views function properly with all possible combinations of screen sizes, orientations, and content. LayoutTest makes it easy to test your views automatically and with very little code. Hi, my name's Kyle Sherman. I'm an iOS developer at LinkedIn, working on the flagship LinkedIn iOS application. In this course, you will learn how to use LayoutTest to make better iOS apps.
Some techniques you will learn will be helpful in general iOS development as well. I'm really excited to teach you about LayoutTest. It allows you to quickly and easily test your layouts. I've caught many bugs in my own code that I wouldn't have found otherwise using LayoutTest. And as of this recording, I'm unaware of any other testing framework that allows you to test your layouts so easily.