- ARKit and SpriteKit basics
- How SpriteKit and ARKit work together
- Checking for ARKit compatibility
- Using SpriteKit to add animations to a game
- Using anchors to position objects
- User interactions with sprites
Skill Level Intermediate
- [Brian] Apple and many other companies and individuals believe that augmented reality is going to be a game changer. With the introduction of the ARKit, Apple has made IOS the largest AR platform on the world making it highly attractive for IOS developers to incorporate this new technology into new and existing products. I'm Brian Advent and I've been working as a developer especially in the Apple ecosystem for almost a decade now. And in this course, I'm going to provide you with all the knowledge you need to create your own augmented reality apps using Apple's powerful ARKit and SpriteKit frameworks.
I will show you how to setup AR projects. How you can bring SpriteKit 2D objects into 3D space. How to use and position 3D anchors and a lot more. And by building a fun augmented reality game, you're going to combine your acquired knowledge in a very practical manner. And you will also learn some nice SpriteKit game development techniques. I'm very excited to help you create your own augmented reality experiences, so let's get started.