The Xcode interface can be intimidating but with a proper introduction, it can be quite intuitive. This video aims to explain Xcode's interface organization and how the different areas of the interface change based on your settings.
- [Instructor] Before building our application … let's take a tour of the Xcode interface … and highlight the key parts of the interface … that you're going to be working with in this course. … First note that I've gone into full-screen mode … using this button here. … At the top of the screen you have the toolbar. … This play button right here … runs your existing application using the selected scheme. … The scheme right here corresponds to the app you want to run … which in this case is My First App, … and then the platform you want to run on. … When you click that button … you're going to see a list of simulators … and you'll see a connected device, … if you have a device connected to your computer. … So you can select which one you want to run on. … Here you'll see information … about the currently running application, … or recently stopped application. … This plus button opens up the library, … which allows you to access code snippets, … media that's in your application, … or colors that you've saved. …
- Creating an Xcode project
- Navigating the Xcode interface
- Running your first app
- Building layouts with storyboards
- Connecting UI elements to code
- Coding interactivity