Discover the current location power of Core Location. Make a few decisions about the use of Core Location, and learn to add functions to support Core Location.
- [Instructor] Up to this point we've been usin' MAPGET.…We've only used Core Location as a type for coordinates.…Core Location is a framework unto itself…with lots of uses with and without a map.…It's most significant is finding…the user's location using a variety…of hardware in your device.…Including wifi, GPS, Bluetooth,…Magnetometer, Barometer and cellular hardware.…But before you do any coding,…you need to decide how you're going to use Core Location.…With the simulator still running,…tap Command, Shift+H to get to the home screen,…and go to Settings.…
Click Privacy,…and Location Services.…You need permission from the user…for Location Services.…We've been ignoring it up to this point,…but it's vital once you get someone's…actual location.…There are two modes,…Always On and In Use.…For some functions you'll need Always On,…which can sit in the background getting your location.…It may have extra expense of checking GPS…and other hardware frequently,…leading to to battery drain issues.…For less power and for foreground only use,…
- Getting coordinates from the web
- Working with Core Location data types and regions
- Creating a map in 2D, 3D, satellite, and flyover views
- Adding annotations
- Adding overlays
- Finding the current location
- Tracking heading, speed, and region
- Searching for locations
- Requesting and displaying directions
Skill Level Intermediate
Advanced iOS Development: Working with APIswith Saul Mora1h 59m Intermediate
1. Basic Map and Location Concepts
5. Current Location
6. Heading, Speed, and Regions
Next steps1m 38s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.