Learn how to react to button clicks for UIViews. Build a new view controller to give a detailed history of the location.
- [Instructor] We have a problem,…there's more text than space for it.…The best solution is to put it somewhere else.…Either another view on this page,…or modal controller.…If you do,…how do you tell the call-out to go there?…There's another MapKit delegate method here to help.…Go ahead and stop the app.…Change the paragraph text to subtitle.…Let's also go back and make this a single line subtitle.…Paragraph.…
Number of lines equals one.…And we'll add another paragraph.…Adjust font size…to fit width.…To be true.…Under the other two call-out accessory views,…let's add the right call-out accessory view.…Annotation view.…Right call-out accessory view.…
And that,…going to be a UI button.…Type info light.…Change your simulator back to the iPhone 7 Plus.…Go ahead and run.…Sticking with Naples for right now,…just click the button.…You can see the pizza.…You got our title and subtitle.…And you get a button.…Now the button doesn't do anything.…So how do we get the action in there?…And that we do with the delegate method.…
So go ahead and hit stop.…
- Getting coordinates from the web
- Working with Core Location data types and regions
- Creating a map in 2D, 3D, satellite, and flyover views
- Adding annotations
- Adding overlays
- Finding the current location
- Tracking heading, speed, and region
- Searching for locations
- Requesting and displaying directions
Skill Level Advanced
1. Basic Map and Location Concepts
5. Current Location
6. Heading, Speed, and Regions
Next steps1m 38s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.