Learn to initialize the beacon data and integrate it with the location manager for monitoring.
- [Narrator] In this lesson we're gonna talk about…initializing and monitoring our beacon data.…First, I'd like to declare a variable called…beacon regions, which will be an array…containing CL beacon regions,…so I'm gonna scroll up to the top of my class…and declare that variable.…Next, I'm gonna jump down to my helper section…and create a function that returns a CL beacon region.…In this function, we're gonna create…a single way for us to create our beacon regions…based on data that it's being passed through…as arguments, so I'm gonna create this function…and then we're gonna take a step back…and take a look at what it is that I'd done.…
Taking a look a this function,…while all of this is pretty standard,…what I'm doing different here is I'm creating…a unique identifier based on the last four…characters of the UUID that's passed in.…I do this because to monitor multiple beacon regions,…we have to have a unique identifier string…so when I create my region, when it comes…to the identifier portion, I used a standard…
- What is iBeacon?
- Turning your iOS device into a beacon
- Discovering device locations
- Monitoring for iBeacons
- Responding to beacon discovery
- Creating a beacon-based app
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Introduction to iBeacons
2. iBeacons with iOS Devices
3. Create a Beacon-Based App
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.