Join Seán Duggan for an in-depth discussion in this video Improved video-shooting capabilities, part of iPhone and iPad Photography with iOS 8.
- The video mode in iOS 8 is very similar…to what was available in iOS 7.…The big improvements in video quality…have come in the changes to the camera…on the iPhone 6 and the 6 Plus.…As with most things in iOS,…shooting a video is very easy.…In the Camera app, swipe horizontally on the screen…until the camera mode changes to video.…The default frame rate for video in iOS 8…is thirty frames per second, which is pretty standard…on a lot of cameras these days.…In the settings for the Photos & Camera app,…which you can find by going to Settings, Photos & Camera,…you can change the default video frame rate…to sixty frames per second.…
Sixty frames per second is the beginning…of what is considered slow motion.…It's not super slow, but it does slow things down just a bit…and for some subjects, this may be advantageous.…When you're in video mode, the button is red,…whereas in photo mode, the shutter button is white.…Tap the shutter button to start recording.…On the iPhone 6 or 6 Plus, the video will…automatically refocus and adjust exposure…
- Adjusting exposure and focus in the Camera app
- Using the self-timer and burst modes
- Shooting slow-motion and time-lapse videos
- Flagging favorites
- Creating photo albums
- Adjusting images with the enhanced editing controls in iOS 8
- Trimming video
- Sharing from Photos
- Sharing with iCloud
- Syncing photos with iTunes
Skill Level Beginner
iPhone Photography: Shooting to Storytellingwith Richard Koci Hernandez1h 45m Appropriate for all
Tony Cruz's iPhone Surf Photography: Start to Finishwith Tony Cruz7m 22s Appropriate for all
1. Using the Camera App
2. Organizing Photos and Movies with the Photos App
3. Editing Photos and Videos with the Photos App
4. Sharing and Transferring Photos from Your Device
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.