Join Bill Weinman for an in-depth discussion in this video Implementing a share sheet, part of iOS SDK and SQLite: Building Data-Driven Apps.
- A Share Sheet is a useful tool for sharing data…with other applications.…In this lesson we're going to set up a simple Share Sheet…with the default options for a URL.…Here I've opened a working copy of…BWRSS-ShareSheet-01 from Chapter 9…of the exercise files.…The result of this lesson can be found in…BWRSS-ShareSheet-02 in Chapter 9…of the exercise files.…So, the first thing we need to do…is we need to add our Share button to the toolbar.…So, we're gonna come over here to setupToolBar,…oop, that's in the DetailViewController.…
And, we'll come over here to setupToolBar.…And, you notice we have button items…for the Back, Forward, Reload, and Stop.…And so, we're just going to copy and paste…and add one for the Share button.…This'll go at the end of the list,…after the Stop button.…And, the Stop button if you'll remember…shares space with the Reload button.…And so, our icon is called "ShareIcon",…we've already added that to our asset catalog.…
What's different here is this is not actually…handled by the web view.…This is going to be handled by our own view controller…
- Building a testbed
- Creating an Objective-C interface for SQLite
- Creating a CRUD interface
- Designing the database schema
- Creating the main table view
- Creating the items table view
- Adding new feeds
- Parsing feeds with NSXML Parser
- Viewing webpages
- Preparing icons and toolbar images
- Adding a preferences pane
- Including pull-to-refresh and other features
Skill Level Intermediate
Android SDK: Local Data Storagewith David Gassner3h 41m Intermediate
1. Building a Testbed
2. Building the Database Library
3. Creating the Main Table View
Populating the table view3m 30s
4. Creating the Items Table View
5. Adding New Feeds
6. Viewing Webpages
7. Preparing the Visual Assets
8. Adding a Preferences Pane
9. Adding Features
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.