Join Steven Lipton for an in-depth discussion in this video Image attachment, part of iOS and watchOS App Development: Notifications.
- [Instructor] To add media,…there's a property attachment that takes an array…of UN notification attachments,…except it only allows one element in the array.…So let's go back into viewcontroller.swift here,…and I'm going to go over to schedule pizza again,…which I'm already in, and find all my content,…and so we can add a content attachments to this,…and I'm going to put another category identifier here.…Content attachments equals,…and you get an array,…and we're going to put an attachment.…
And I'm going to click out of here…so that it doesn't have problems with AutoCorrect,…'cause we've got an unresolved identifier.…Now I'm going to go backwards on this,…which is where we get a lot…of unresolved identifiers as I do this,…and so I've created an identifier attachment…which is going to be our attachment.…Now on the line above that, I'm going to assign that…to a UN notification attachment initializer.…So I'm going to call this let…attachment…equal,…and this initializer actually is trycatch.…
So you're going to actually do a try here,…
- Requesting user permission
- Static vs. dynamic notification content
- Sending local notifications
- Updating and removing notifications
- Creating custom notifications
- Adding categories and actions to notifications
- Pushing notifications
- Building push notification payloads: alerts and actions
- Adding service and content extensions
- Attaching rich media: images, audio, and video
- Creating watchOS notifications
Skill Level Intermediate
Apple watchOS 4 App Development Essential Trainingwith Steven Lipton3h 10m Intermediate
1. User Permissions
2. Local Notifications
3. Notification Management
4. Interacting with Notifications
5. Push Notifications
6. Push Notification Payloads
7. The Service Extensions
8. The Content Extension
9. Rich Media in Notifications
10. Apple Watch Notifications
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.