Join Todd Perkins for an in-depth discussion in this video How to use the exercise files, part of iOS 11 Development Essential Training: Create Your First App.
- [Instructor] The exercise files for this course are organized by chapters. Each chapter contains the corresponding files that we work on throughout that chapter. In chapter one, however, I create a file at the beginning, and I use that file throughout the chapter. So you can just create your own file as I do in the movies and follow along in that way. In the other chapters, I provide start and final states for the files for each movie.
The start files are the ones you want to open up to follow along with. The final files are there simply for your convenience. The way to follow along is to go in a particular folder that you will see on your screen, navigate to the appropriate file, and you'll see an Xcode project file in there, so .xcodeproj. Double-clicking this file will open up the project and put you right into Xcode so that you can follow along with me throughout the course. If you don't have access to the exercise files, that's okay, you can follow along too.
Everything we build in this entire course is going to be built from scratch using the built-in iOS assets. So everybody can follow along to build these applications.
- Installing Xcode and the iOS SDK
- Creating an Xcode project
- Running your first app
- Basic layouts with storyboards
- Dismissing the keyboard with delegation
- Making UI-to-code connections
- Coding your app