Join Todd Perkins for an in-depth discussion in this video How to use the exercise files, part of iOS 11 Development Essential Training: Design a User Interface.
- [Instructor] The exercise files for this course are organized by chapters. Each chapter corresponds to a chapter in the course, so if I go in the chapter one folder, the projects in here correspond to the projects done in chapter one of the course. In each movie, you're going to see a popup on your screen showing you a path to a file. That's going to navigate you through a start folder. Note that there's also a final folder containing the final states of all the projects in the course for your convenience.
At the end of the link that you'll see on your screen is going to be an Xcode project file. Double-click that file to open up Xcode and get right into the action. If you don't have access to the exercise files, you can still follow along as well, because all the files for this course are created from scratch using built in Xcode assets. So throughout the course, you're going to see how all these projects are built step by step.
- Working with storyboards
- How the Attributes Inspector is organized
- Setting custom classes for UI objects with the Identity Inspector
- Troubleshooting Auto Layout issues
- Modifying constraints with the Size Inspector
- Automatically expanding object sizes with constraints
- Configuring the date picker control