Join Todd Perkins for an in-depth discussion in this video How to use the exercise files, part of iOS 10 App Development: Integrating SiriKit.
- [Instructor] The exercise files for this course are organized by chapters, and there's also a folder called, assets, that contains two graphics. If you're following along with the course and don't have access to the exercise files, the only files that you'll need to provide on your own are two image files. They don't have to be of the same thing, they just need to be two graphic files preferably in the PNG format. As you're following along with the course, you're going to see file locations pop up on your screen. These correspond to files inside of these chapter folders.
For example, if you're watching a movie in Chapter One, and you're watching the Testing movie, you should see a pop up on your screen that shows the path to the Xcode project file that corresponds to the movie. That will be inside of the Start folder, inside of a subfolder in there. And then you're going to find the Xcode project folder in there, which you can double-click to open up in Xcode and follow along. I've also included final states of files for your convenience. That way, you can work in the start files, make any changes you want, and if anything gets messed up, you always have the final files to fall back on.
If you don't have access to the exercise files, you're good as well. We're actually creating all of these projects from scratch. So if you see me working in a project from the beginning of the course, it's actually a single-view application template project. So you can follow along just like everybody else. So with that said, let's begin with the course.
- Setting up SiriKit in a project
- Authorizing Siri for your app
- Testing the default SiriKit app
- Writing simple payment handling code
- Resolving, confirming, and handling intents
- Sending data from Siri to your app
- Using a photo intent to search for photos
- Reviewing Siri support in photo apps, VoIP calling apps, ride apps, and workout apps