Join Mike Wong for an in-depth discussion in this video How the iTunes App Store ranks your app, part of Learning App Store Optimization for iOS and Android Apps.
- [Instructor] Let's look at the factors…used by the iTunes App Store, to rank your app.…The first factor is the app name.…The name of your app plays a critical role…in how users will discover it in the app store.…You should choose a simple name…that is memorable and easy to spell…and provides insight into what your app does.…The name you select should be distinctive.…Avoid generic terms or names that are…very similar to existing apps.…The length of your app name is limited to…only 50 characters, but keep in mind…that users will only see the first 26 characters…of your app name in App Store search results.…
Also note that the displayed app name…may be different in the App Store on an iPad…versus the App Store on an iPhone or Apple TV.…Apple recommends that you keep your app name…to 23 characters or less for optimal presentation…on all devices.…Any longer and you risk the name being truncated…and a user not knowing what your app does, at a glance.…If possible, include your most important keyword…in the app name.…
- Comparing the App Store and Google Play store
- How Apple and Google rank your app
- Choosing an app name, keywords, and category
- Writing a description for your app
- App indexing
- Deep linking
- Creating icons, screenshots, and demo videos
- Monitoring ASO performance
Skill Level Intermediate
Q: This course was updated on 07/14/2017. What changed?
A: We added one video, "How the iTunes App Store ranks your app," which helps you understand the determining factors, such as app name and length, that affect how your app ranks in App Store search results.