Join Seán Duggan for an in-depth discussion in this video How iOS 8 organizes your photos, part of iPhone and iPad Photography with iOS 8.
- The Photos app offers three levels of organization…for the photos and videos you take with your iOS device.…In this chapter, we'll take a look at the…default organization structures that iOS 8 uses…as well as ways you customize how images are organized,…search for images on your device using a variety…of different criteria as well as take…advantage of Apple's iCloud photo sharing.…In the Photos app, images are arranged…in Photos, Shared, and Albums.…Shared will only appear if you've…turned on iCloud photo sharing.…
We'll take a look at that in a later movie.…Let's take a look at Photos first.…Photos organizes your images into groups based…on when or where they were taken.…These are divided into three main categories:…moments, collections, and years.…Moments is the first level that you see and it's…organized based on the date that the image was taken.…So, if I scroll through my images here,…you can just see that the most recent are…at the bottom and older ones are farther up.…
This is a handy way to look for photos if you…
- Adjusting exposure and focus in the Camera app
- Using the self-timer and burst modes
- Shooting slow-motion and time-lapse videos
- Flagging favorites
- Creating photo albums
- Adjusting images with the enhanced editing controls in iOS 8
- Trimming video
- Sharing from Photos
- Sharing with iCloud
- Syncing photos with iTunes
Skill Level Beginner
Tony Cruz's iPhone Surf Photography: Start to Finishwith Tony Cruz7m 22s Intermediate
1. Using the Camera App
2. Organizing Photos and Movies with the Photos App
3. Editing Photos and Videos with the Photos App
4. Sharing and Transferring Photos from Your Device
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.