Learn how to use Apple's new User Notifications framework to deliver notifications to a user. This video focuses on initial setup and notification posting.
- [Instructor] In this lesson,…we're going to discuss the scheduling…and handling of local notifications.…Our objective here will be to determine…whether or not a notification has been fired off…for a given Beacon…and if not,…we will schedule one accordingly.…If it already has been fired,…then we'll just ignore the detected Beacon…as we don't want to continue to spam users…with repeated notifications…as they enter or exit our Beacon region.…As of iOS 10,…we have a new framework and API for notifications…called user notifications.…
This new framework in short…provides a unified point of interaction…that works across iOS, watchOS, and tvOS.…While won't we go into depth on the subject here,…we will use the framework in its basic form…to deliver local notifications…to our users once a Beacon has been detected.…So in our BeaconManager class,…let's go ahead and import the user notification framework.…To track if we've sent the notification or not,…we'll be setting up and updating a dictionary value…that's stored to user defaults.…
- What is iBeacon?
- Turning your iOS device into a beacon
- Discovering device locations
- Monitoring for iBeacons
- Responding to beacon discovery
- Creating a beacon-based app
Skill Level Intermediate
Programming the Internet of Things with iOSwith Michael Lehman2h 49m Intermediate
Programming iOS 9 and GamePlayKitwith Tammy Coron1h 32m Intermediate
Developing for the Apple iCloud API with iOSwith Todd Perkins1h 18m Intermediate
1. Introduction to iBeacons
2. iBeacons with iOS Devices
3. Create a Beacon-Based App
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.