Learn how to handle how the app responds when discovering an array of beacons.
- [Instructor] In this lesson we're going…to focus on what to do once a Beacon…that we're monitoring becomes detected…and the ranging process that occurs afterwards.…So first I want to come down to our CL locationManager…delegate section and take a look…at didStartMonitoring for region.…This function is called back once a Beacon that we asked…locationManager to monitor for becomes detected.…Our line of code here asks locationManager…to then request a state of the region…that's passed to our callback.…
The result of that request then causes…didDetermineState to be called.…In here what we'll want to do…is check the state that is returned.…So we're gonna check to see if we're inside a Beacon region…which is done by looking for the inside value,…and if so, we'll want to start ranging…the Beacons that are in that region…so we can gather more data about them.…Note that when monitoring, you're only returning…a UUID, major and minor values,…and then once we start ranging a Beacon…we're then giving additional properties…
- What is iBeacon?
- Turning your iOS device into a beacon
- Discovering device locations
- Monitoring for iBeacons
- Responding to beacon discovery
- Creating a beacon-based app
Skill Level Intermediate
Programming the Internet of Things with iOSwith Michael Lehman2h 49m Intermediate
iOS 9 App Development: GamePlayKitwith Tammy Coron1h 32m Intermediate
1. Introduction to iBeacons
2. iBeacons with iOS Devices
3. Create a Beacon-Based App
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.