Join Steven Lipton for an in-depth discussion in this video Grouped push notifications, part of iOS and watchOS App Development: Notifications.
- [Man] There's one caution I'd like to point out,…with push notifications compared to local notifications.…Since you are not controlling the payload,…you do not control the thread-identifier push to a device.…Why is that important?…While you've still got an app running here,…start up a bunch of schedule pizza notifications.…Now go to APNS Tester and send about…five or six push notifications.…
Once they start to show up on the device,…head over to the notifications manager.…You have two groups, one for the push…and one for the local notifications.…Snoozing the push notification, clears all the notifications…but still creates a separate notifications group.…The thread-identifier is the culprit.…Click the home button to clear the notification manager.…Let's look at the payload again, there's no thread…identifier here, so the push notification leaves it blank.…If you go to the view controller where…we set up the local notification,…you'll see we have a thread-identifier of scheduled.…
Making these two different groups.…
- Requesting user permission
- Static vs. dynamic notification content
- Sending local notifications
- Updating and removing notifications
- Creating custom notifications
- Adding categories and actions to notifications
- Pushing notifications
- Building push notification payloads: alerts and actions
- Adding service and content extensions
- Attaching rich media: images, audio, and video
- Creating watchOS notifications
Skill Level Intermediate
Apple watchOS 4 App Development Essential Trainingwith Steven Lipton3h 10m Intermediate
1. User Permissions
2. Local Notifications
3. Notification Management
4. Interacting with Notifications
5. Push Notifications
6. Push Notification Payloads
7. The Service Extensions
8. The Content Extension
9. Rich Media in Notifications
10. Apple Watch Notifications
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.