Discover features of iOS 13 and iPadOS, the latest operating systems for the iPhone and iPad from Apple.
- [Garrick] iOS 13 is the latest version of the operating system for iPhones and iPads as of September 2019. It comes with a slew of under-the-hood performance enhancements as well as plenty of new and useful features like the new Dark Mode setting, the QuickPath typing feature and for the first time you now have the ability to access external storage devices from your iPhone or iPad. Many of the built-in apps have seen a lot of improvements too. The Reminders app, for example, has been completely overhauled making it much easier to keep track of everything from your to-do lists to more complex projects. And the Photos app has a revamped and expanded set of editing tools to enhance and improve your pictures and videos. The iPad has gotten so many new features and improvements that its operating system is now referred to as iPadOS. And although it shares a lot of similarities with iOS 13 you'll see that there are many features available on the iPad that aren't available on the iPhone like the ability to add more app icons to your home screen, opening multiple instances of the same app and working with apps in split screen. Hi, I'm Garrick Chow and we'll be looking at all of these new capabilities and more in iOS 13 and iPadOS. Let's jump in and get started.
- Activating Dark Mode
- Typing with QuickPath
- Using Find My
- Using external storage
- Improved sharing
- New features in Reminders, Health, and Photos
- Using a mouse with an iPad
- Removing location data in photos
- Capturing a full-page screenshot
- Multitasking on the iPad