Join Steven Lipton for an in-depth discussion in this video Get interactive with notifications, part of iOS and watchOS App Development: Notifications.
- [Instructor] Up to now,…you've used the default notification.…There are some customizations you can do to notifications…to make them more understandable and a lot more powerful.…That power comes from categories and actions.…Actions execute small amounts of your code…in the background without opening your app.…If there's something you can do immediately…without opening the app, say a snooze button on an alarm,…you can do it in notifications,…instead of opening the application.…In the user notification framework,…an action is a label and an identifier…you attach to the content of a notification.…
When the notification presents itself on a device,…for every action, there will be one of these buttons…under the notification the user can press.…That action sends an identifier to a method…of UN User Notification Center Delegate,…and you write code there to respond to that button press.…Categories are collections of these actions…and as we'll discuss later, appearances.…You collect a set, up to four actions for a category,…
- Requesting user permission
- Static vs. dynamic notification content
- Sending local notifications
- Updating and removing notifications
- Creating custom notifications
- Adding categories and actions to notifications
- Pushing notifications
- Building push notification payloads: alerts and actions
- Adding service and content extensions
- Attaching rich media: images, audio, and video
- Creating watchOS notifications
Skill Level Intermediate
Apple watchOS 4 App Development Essential Trainingwith Steven Lipton3h 10m Intermediate
1. User Permissions
2. Local Notifications
3. Notification Management
4. Interacting with Notifications
5. Push Notifications
6. Push Notification Payloads
7. The Service Extensions
8. The Content Extension
9. Rich Media in Notifications
10. Apple Watch Notifications
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.