Learn how to get a set of coordinates from Google Maps to use as sample data.
- [Instructor] At various points in this course,…we'll need some sample location data.…MapKit uses several coordinate systems,…but the most important is latitude and longitude.…While this course is about Apple Maps,…there's one thing Google Maps is better at.…If you need only a few points to test,…it's easy to get them by looking…up the location in Google Maps.…In a web browser, go to maps.google.com…and search for "Pizzeria Brandi in Naples Italy."…According to legend, this is where a few…pizzas were made for King Umberto…and Queen Margherita of Italy in the 1880s…who were tired of the French food…that all European royalty ate.…
The queen loved the pizza from here,…a fresh mozzarella, tomatoes, and basil,…coincidentally the colors of Italy.…Pizzeria Brandi named the pizza…for her, the Pizza Margherita.…This is where the pizza stopped being…poor people street food and got respectable…and began its rise as a national food of Italy.…Zoom in all the way so you can see the streets easily.…Grab the little guy for street view…
- Getting coordinates from the web
- Working with Core Location data types and regions
- Creating a map in 2D, 3D, satellite, and flyover views
- Adding annotations
- Adding overlays
- Finding the current location
- Tracking heading, speed, and region
- Searching for locations
- Requesting and displaying directions
Skill Level Intermediate
iOS App Development: Test-Driven Developmentwith Harrison Ferrone2h 14m Intermediate
Advanced iOS Development: Working with APIswith Saul Mora1h 59m Intermediate
1. Basic Map and Location Concepts
5. Current Location
6. Heading, Speed, and Regions
Next steps1m 38s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.