Join Steven Lipton for an in-depth discussion in this video Get a certificate key, part of iOS and watchOS App Development: Notifications.
- [Instructor] Your next step for…push notifications is to get the SSL certificate.…While we'll do a lot of that in the developer account…there's one important piece that you need to do…here in Xcode, and that's for exercise reasons.…For all this to work you're going to need a unique…bundle identifier, not the one in the exercise files.…So put your own in here, com. whatever your website is,…et cetera, I'm just going to put my initials just…so that I have it since I have a whole bunch…of these running around for practice.…
And I'm just going to put some initials there for that.…And once you do that and have that set,…it'll change your provisioning profiles accordingly…as you saw with the signing certificate down below.…And now we can go over to our Apple developer account…at developer.apple.com/account, you'll log in, you may get…a question about two factor authentication, and the like.…Now once you're in here, you're going to find the certificates…identifies and profiles button, go ahead and click that.…
And all your certificates should be highlighted here.…
- Requesting user permission
- Static vs. dynamic notification content
- Sending local notifications
- Updating and removing notifications
- Creating custom notifications
- Adding categories and actions to notifications
- Pushing notifications
- Building push notification payloads: alerts and actions
- Adding service and content extensions
- Attaching rich media: images, audio, and video
- Creating watchOS notifications
Skill Level Intermediate
Apple watchOS 4 App Development Essential Trainingwith Steven Lipton3h 10m Intermediate
1. User Permissions
2. Local Notifications
3. Notification Management
4. Interacting with Notifications
5. Push Notifications
6. Push Notification Payloads
7. The Service Extensions
8. The Content Extension
9. Rich Media in Notifications
10. Apple Watch Notifications
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.