Given a location, learn how to display information about that location on an annotation, including street address and business name.
- [Instructor] You've learned how to use core location…to find location on a device and display that location…those locations are latitudes and longitudes, which aren't…very user friendly to most people.…You want something a bit more understandable, like the…address 2121 North Park Street Chicago, Illinois, USA.…We can do this with the CL Geocoder object.…CL Geocoder objects works with another object, a CL…placemark.…CL Placemarks have many properties, including street address…city, state or province, postal code and country.…
I'll use the city, state and country in the detail for…the annotations.…Let's go over…to the annotation detail view controller,…and we'll code in there, and we're going to start by adding…a new function.…And it'll be called placemark.…It will consist of an annotation…of pizza annotation,…and a completion handler.…
That has a CL placemark…with an optional.…And guess what?…You get a little error here.…Two guesses why we didn't get the error, or we got…that error, and I'll help you out here.…We need to put in mapkit.…
- Getting coordinates from the web
- Working with Core Location data types and regions
- Creating a map in 2D, 3D, satellite, and flyover views
- Adding annotations
- Adding overlays
- Finding the current location
- Tracking heading, speed, and region
- Searching for locations
- Requesting and displaying directions
Skill Level Advanced
Advanced iOS Development: Working with APIswith Saul Mora1h 59m Intermediate
1. Basic Map and Location Concepts
5. Current Location
6. Heading, Speed, and Regions
Next steps1m 38s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.