Join Garrick Chow for an in-depth discussion in this video Find My iPhone, part of iOS 5: iPhone and iPod touch Essential Training.
Let's face it, iOS devices aren't cheap, and if you keep a lot of sensitive…information and important appointments on your device, misplacing or losing your…phone can be devastating.…Fortunately, Apple offers a free service called Find My iPhone.…Find My iPhone is a great security measure to have in place and since it's free…for owners of current iOS devices, there's really no reason not to set it up,…because it offers you the ability to locate your missing or stolen device on a…map, as well as perform remote functions like passcode-locking it or even…completely erasing it, all from a regular web browser.…Let's take a look at how this works.…
First, we need to set up the device to use Find My iPhone and again, bear in…mind this can only be done with an iPhone 4, 4S, an iPod or a fourth…generation iPod touch.…Start by tapping Settings, then go to iCloud.…If you're a subscriber to iCloud and have already previously set up your…account, you just need to enter you Apple ID and password here.…Now, I'm currently getting this message about merging my iCloud Calendar.…
- Exploring the touchscreen interface
- Setting up iPhone and iPod touch preferences
- Synching with a Mac or PC
- Typing with the intelligent keyboard
- Making phone calls and retrieving voicemail
- Finding a location with Maps
- Downloading and playing music and video
- Shooting and editing photos and video
- Using accessibility features
- Tweeting on the iPhone
- Locating a lost iPhone with Find My iPhone
- Sending free text messages with iMessage
- Finding and purchasing applications from the App Store
Skill Level Beginner
1. The Basics
2. The Essentials of Typing
3. Syncing with a Computer
4. The Phone Part of the iPhone
6. Surfing the Web
7. The iPod Part of the iPhone
8. Shooting Photos and Video and Managing the Photo Library
9. Getting Around
10. Managing Your Time
11. Taking Notes
12. The Other Included Apps
13. The App Store
14. Important Settings
15. Protecting Your iPhone
16. Using Siri and Voice Control
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.