Mark DiFranco references the LayoutTest framework as a way to extend your testing coverage. To learn more about LayoutTest, watch the LayoutTest for iOS Development course by Kyle Sherman.
- [Instructor] If you want to add even more coverage…for your UI code, I suggest taking a look at LayoutTest.…This framework allows you to test…how your views layout in relation to one another.…In each test, you specify how you expect your view…to lay out, and the framework will automatically apply…all combinations of state to make sure it won't break.…It also has some pretty cool features,…such as automatically checking for accessibility labels,…and failing on auto-layout issues.…To learn more, check out the Learning LayoutTest…for iOS Development video by Kyle Sherman.…
- Why write unit tests?
- What is dependency injection?
- Using protocols to help with tests
- Handling external dependencies
- Anatomy of a test case
- Writing tests
- Analyzing code coverage
- Visualizing test results
- Writing and extending UI tests
Skill Level Intermediate
Core Data for iOS and macOS Enterprise Developerswith Jon Bott1h 46m Intermediate
Learning Server-Side Swift with Vaporwith Ron Buencamino1h 30m Intermediate
Swift 3 Essential Training: Beyond the Basicswith Scott Gardner2h 58m Intermediate
1. Dependency Injection
2. Using Protocols
3. Writing Tests
4. UI Tests
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.