Understand parsing errors for Visual Format Language.
- [Instructor] You've made a pretty nice layout…in the visual layout language.…However, you'll find in auto layout,…it is the most error prone.…Besides the errors we've already talked about,…there's errors in your language strings.…One error is a view that can't be found.…Stop the app.…Earlier, if you remember,…I corrected an error in my dictionary.…Go to the views dictionary,…and I'm gonna recreate that error.…Like that.…Where I had a small v,…instead of a large V.…
And let's see what happens.…I'm gonna run this,…select hamburger,…and I get a fatal error.…Scroll up to the top of the error,…and you'll see what the real issue is.…Image view is not a key in the views dictionary.…And it points it out to you right here.…That what I put here for image view,…doesn't exist.…Which is doesn't,…because it's supposed to be a small v in this case.…So go ahead and stop that.…Close it.…
Go back to the view controller,…and fix it.…Another error you can get is just a syntax error.…So for example,…I'll delete a square brace somewhere.…Let's take this one right here for the back button.…
- When and why to use Auto Layout programmatically
- Creating constraints in Swift
- Resolving errors in Auto Layout
- Using the safe area
- Working with the Visual Format Language
- Adding a stack view
- Harnessing the power of inequalities and priorities in constraints
- Understanding traits and size classes
Skill Level Intermediate
Learning LayoutTest for iOS Developmentwith Kyle Sherman1h 43m Intermediate
Designing iOS and Android Appswith Renata Phillippi1h 6m Intermediate
1. Basic Concepts in Auto Layout
2. Coding Constraints
3. The Visual Format Language
4. Stack Views
5. Advanced Layout
6. Size Classes
Next steps1m 42s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.