Learn about the different ways of dynamically managing multiple beacons.
- [Instructor] In the second chapter of this course,…we turned our iOS device into a beacon,…giving it the ability to broadcast an iBeacon profile…that we were then able to detect with our app.…In a real world application, we would have…multiple beacons to have to monitor and range,…so implementing a solution that can detect and monitor…an ever-changing amount of beacons…can take a little bit of work.…How the beacon data gets into the device is a challenge.…In the second chapter, we hardcoded…the UUID for the device beacon.…
While most beacon manufacturers give you…the ability to update the UUID to a value that you decide,…hardcoding beacon data like this can be very fixed…and would essentially require an app update…each time you wanted to modify the beacon data…that you're seeking to monitor.…This isn't really an efficient solution for our needs.…In many instances, you'll wanna use a web server…to house all of your beacon data.…While we won't go into the details of how this would work,…this is a general flow of how this…
- What is iBeacon?
- Turning your iOS device into a beacon
- Discovering device locations
- Monitoring for iBeacons
- Responding to beacon discovery
- Creating a beacon-based app
Skill Level Intermediate
Programming the Internet of Things with iOSwith Michael Lehman2h 49m Intermediate
iOS 9 App Development: GamePlayKitwith Tammy Coron1h 31m Intermediate
1. Introduction to iBeacons
2. iBeacons with iOS Devices
3. Create a Beacon-Based App
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.