Join Steven Lipton for an in-depth discussion in this video Dynamic notification content, part of iOS and watchOS App Development: Notifications.
- [Instructor] While we've made a static content,…you may need a more flexible dynamic case.…You've used UN mutable notification content…to configure the notification content.…There is also UN notification content,…which stores the notification content…of a scheduled or delivered notification…that we'll talk about later.…It is read-only.…You only set properties…of UN mutable notification content objects.…If you want to change your content into notification…you cannot change the content directly…but must make a new request with new content.…
To streamline my code for both initial…and change notifications,…I often make a template function…for default content for my application.…So let's make a new function…and we'll stick it just below make pizza here,…called notification content.…And I'm going to give it a title…for parameter, which will be a string.…
And I'm going to give it the body,…so I have the two things I usually need,…and make that a string as well.…And that will return a UN…mutable notification content.…Okay.…
- Requesting user permission
- Static vs. dynamic notification content
- Sending local notifications
- Updating and removing notifications
- Creating custom notifications
- Adding categories and actions to notifications
- Pushing notifications
- Building push notification payloads: alerts and actions
- Adding service and content extensions
- Attaching rich media: images, audio, and video
- Creating watchOS notifications
Skill Level Intermediate
Apple watchOS 4 App Development Essential Trainingwith Steven Lipton3h 10m Intermediate
1. User Permissions
2. Local Notifications
3. Notification Management
4. Interacting with Notifications
5. Push Notifications
6. Push Notification Payloads
7. The Service Extensions
8. The Content Extension
9. Rich Media in Notifications
10. Apple Watch Notifications
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.