Join Seán Duggan for an in-depth discussion in this video Downloading photos with iPhoto, part of iPhone and iPad Photography with iOS 8.
- If you've had an iPhone for a while,…you're probably already familiar with the process…of downloading images from your device into iPhoto.…This is really more of an iPhoto-centric process…than anything specific to iOS 8,…but I'll cover it here since it is a part…of the entire photo ecosystem…that is related to iOS devices.…When you connect your iPhone to your computer…using the USB cable that came with the device,…you'll probably see iTunes launch…and present you with a screen…that summarizes the sync options…that are available to you.…If you don't see that right away,…you can just click the icon for your phone right here…and then you'll see that.…
If you'd rather not have iTunes launch…when you connect your device,…go to the iTunes Preferences,…which you can find here under the iTunes menu,…and then Preferences,…and then in the section for Devices,…just turn this checkbox on,…"Prevent iPods, iPhones, and iPads…"from syncing automatically."…Click okay to that.…If you choose to do this, and you do want…to sync your device to the computer through iTunes,…
- Adjusting exposure and focus in the Camera app
- Using the self-timer and burst modes
- Shooting slow-motion and time-lapse videos
- Flagging favorites
- Creating photo albums
- Adjusting images with the enhanced editing controls in iOS 8
- Trimming video
- Sharing from Photos
- Sharing with iCloud
- Syncing photos with iTunes
Skill Level Beginner
Tony Cruz's iPhone Surf Photography: Start to Finishwith Tony Cruz7m 22s Intermediate
1. Using the Camera App
2. Organizing Photos and Movies with the Photos App
3. Editing Photos and Videos with the Photos App
4. Sharing and Transferring Photos from Your Device
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.