Join Garrick Chow for an in-depth discussion in this video Downloading and installing apps from the App Store, part of iPad Tips and Tricks.
- Regardless of whether you've been using an iPad…or other iOS device for a while, or if you've…just started using your first iOS device,…you're probably well aware of the App Store,…the one stop, only game in town place to…browse, purchase and download apps for your iPad.…Yes, iOS comes with some great and incredibly…useful built-in applications, but let's face it,…your iPad is a handheld computer and is capable…of so much more than just what it does out of the box,…and thousands of developers have created,…as I record this, nearly one and a half million apps…and counting for iOS.…
We've reached the point where if you think…of something you wish the iPad can do,…and it's within the realm of possibility…for it to do so, chances are that one or more…developers have thought of the same idea…and created an app for it.…It's just a matter of hitting the App Store…and performing a search.…You can find apps for getting up to the minute…news and weather reports, for coordinating…travel plans, for managing your finances,…
- Using iPad-specific gestures
- Typing tips
- Syncing media and other files
- Wireless syncing
- Receiving and organizing email
- Chatting with Messages
- Installing apps
- Browsing the web
- Connecting to an external display
- Using productivity software
- Playing audio and video files
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Getting Started with the iPad
A tour around the iPad2m 35s
2. Typing on the iPad
3. Syncing Files
4. Setting Up and Using Email and Instant Messaging
5. Working with Apps
6. Web Browsing
7. The iPad for Work
8. Managing and Playing Audio, Video, and Other Media
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.