Learn how downloading a file is similar to uploading in some ways. The bucket and key are specified. Progress can be monitored with a transfer utility download expression. And the call to downloadData takes a completion handler. The completion handler received the task and error like the upload but also data that was downloaded.
- [Instructor] Now that we've looked at how to upload files…to AWS, let's look at how to download them.…It's a similar process,…but since we're not uploading anything,…we don't have to create a data object.…We'll still use the S3 Transfer Utility…and it takes a completion handler like the upload did.…We'll create that and pass that in…to the download data call.…We can download files to a URL,…which means it'll save it to the file system…and pass in a URL that we can read it from,…or we can download it directly to a data instance in memory.…
The completion handler takes both the URL…and the data object.…If you're downloading it to a URL,…then the data object will be nil.…If you're downloading it to data, the URL will be nil.…So you could write a closure that handles either one.…The calls take the same parameters…whether you're downloading it to a URL or to data…but the function name is different.…So to download to a data or a URL,…you create the completion handler block,…and in that block, handle the file or the data.…
- AWS Mobile introduction
- Create your app project
- Adding authentication
- Adding Facebook and Google logins
- Configure data and file storage
- Reading, updating, deleting, and querying data
- Uploading, downloading, and deleting files
Skill Level Intermediate
SharePoint 2016: Managing Large Listswith Gini von Courter1h 18m Intermediate
SharePoint 2016: Branding SharePoint Siteswith Gini von Courter56m 10s Intermediate
Microsoft Flow Essential Trainingwith Bill Kulterman1h 49m Beginner
1. Getting Started with AWS Mobile
2. User Accounts and Authentication
3. Data Storage with AWS Mobile
4. File Storage with AWS Mobile
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.