Learn how to discover iBeacons on an iOS device by using Core Location.
- [Instructor] So we're in our project…file right now and I'm going to go and…open up DetectBeaconViewController.swift…this is the class that we're going to use…to detect a given beacon region.…So let's run our app on our device right now…and see what it's going to look like.…What you're seeing on the screen here…should also be what is displayed on your device.…Once the app opens we're going to tap…on Detect Beacon.…And I'm brought to a screen that has a…status label on top and two buttons.…
One to start our beacon discovery…and another to close the view.…What is currently hidden in the view…are three labels.…One for a detected UUID and another…for both the major and minor values.…What we'll want to do is display these…labels once we have content to populate them.…So switching back to Xcode, in our…DetectBeaconViewController class I first…want to import our core location…and core Bluetooth frameworks.…
Then, I want to add in three variables…that we'll be using throughout the length…of this portion of our code.…I'm going to need a CLBeaconRegion…
- What is iBeacon?
- Turning your iOS device into a beacon
- Discovering device locations
- Monitoring for iBeacons
- Responding to beacon discovery
- Creating a beacon-based app
Skill Level Intermediate
Programming the Internet of Things with iOSwith Michael Lehman2h 49m Intermediate
iOS 9 App Development: GamePlayKitwith Tammy Coron1h 32m Intermediate
iOS App Development: Apple iCloud API with iOSwith Todd Perkins1h 18m Intermediate
1. Introduction to iBeacons
2. iBeacons with iOS Devices
3. Create a Beacon-Based App
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.