- What is iBeacon?
- Turning your iOS device into a beacon
- Discovering device locations
- Monitoring for iBeacons
- Responding to beacon discovery
- Creating a beacon-based app
Skill Level Intermediate
- Beacon technology allows your app to use proximity detection to improve user experience. From business campuses to department stores, and even across cities for traffic and mapping, Beacons are changing the way mobile apps and services enhance your way of life. Hi, I'm Ron Buencamino. In this course, we'll explore how to incorporate iBeacons into your iOS apps using the Swift programming language. We'll go through the ins and outs of what's necessary to include this great technology into your projects.
We'll go over exactly what iBeacons are, as well as provide an overview of the frameworks necessary to integrate indoor positioning and tracking into your app. Along the way, we'll go over wireless concepts, deployment plans, and even show some real world examples of how iBeacons can improve your app's overall user experience. There's a lot to cover, so let's get started.
Programming the Internet of Things with iOSwith Michael Lehman2h 49m Intermediate
iOS 9 App Development: GamePlayKitwith Tammy Coron1h 31m Intermediate
1. Introduction to iBeacons
2. iBeacons with iOS Devices
3. Create a Beacon-Based App
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.